I’m Scott Verrette, the founder and principal of The Heron Group LLC, and my passion is assisting leaders such as yourself to identify, develop and fine-tune the leadership skills required for optimal job performance and career success.
Regardless of how intelligent, skilled, experienced and motivated you are, there is great benefit to be gained from working with a professional leadership coach such as myself who is equipped to provide you with an objective perspective on your existing strengths and key development needs, and who can serve as a valuable sounding board as you work to achieve your professional growth objectives.
While you might already have an idea of what you would like to achieve for yourself and your organization it might not be clear where to begin, or perhaps you’re too close to a situation to examine your options from an unbiased perspective.
On a more personal level, maybe you have grown accustomed to managing your career passively; attempting to make the best of whatever comes your way in terms of opportunities, while never summoning the confidence to pursue the dreams and ambitions that you’ve been harboring.
Whatever your motivation, I invite you to contact me for a complimentary initial consultation to discuss your current situation and to explore the ways in which I can support you in achieving your goals.
Here’s a sampling of some development topics that frequently come up in my client work:
- Cultivating executive presence in light of gender and cultural differences, introvert versus extravert personality preferences, etc.
- Appropriately differentiating between the role of a manager versus that of a leader.
- Navigating complex organizational dynamics through effective political and organizational savvy.
- Translating an organizational vision into a tangible set of aligned goals for self and others.
- Effectively delegating work to ensure there is adequate time to focus on broader strategic issues.
- Motivating and developing people to increase their personal accountability and performance, and to prepare them for future advancement.
- Sustaining workplace productivity and morale in the face of constant organizational change.
- Fostering an environment of open, honest communication to ensure the ideas of all are heard and valued.
- Influencing effectively in all directions – upward with leadership, laterally with peers, and downward with direct reports.
- Dealing with conflict in an effective manner, and not shying away from difficult conversations.
- Growing emotional intelligence capability and the ability to leverage those skills to build and sustain productive interpersonal relationships with a variety of personality temperaments.